Courage for the Call: An Invitation to Trust
With Christine Jurisich and Sister Paula Hagen, OSB
Begins May 31, 2021 (4-week online course)
God is always calling you to a deepening awareness and connection with the Divine. Sometimes that call can feel scary. Am I worthy? Will I get hurt? What will I have to let go? But within that beckoning is the grace to respond when you allow yourself to surrender into the merciful arms of God. This is a four-week, facilitator-led, self-paced retreat.
You will appreciate this retreat if you:
- Want to trust God but wrestle with fears and anxiety.
- Have a problem with the word “surrender.”
- Are yearning for a sense of inner freedom.
At the end of our four weeks together you will:
- Discover the difference between worries and concerns. (Which are helpful and which are toxic?)
- Appreciate the strength and freedom you can find through lessons in humility.
- Learn practices you can use for your most “courage-needed” moments.
How does a four-week online retreat work?
- You will receive an email reflection every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning for 4 weeks. Each email will offer a reflection and chance to share with others in a supportive and encouraging environment. The retreat is led by facilitators and is also self-paced. You can reflect and pray through the lessons during the times that are convenient for you.
- Participants tell us they spend anywhere from 15-30 minutes on each reflection. You can go online whenever it is convenient for you: in your pajamas at 5:00 a.m. or on your phone during lunch hour. We keep it open for six weeks afterwards so you can catch up in case life gets busy or you want to spend more time with it.
Christine Jurisich’s work in retreat ministry began fifteen years ago as a participant in Ministry of Mothers Sharing (now Within Ministries), which was sponsored by the Sisters of St. Benedict of St. Paul's Monastery. For ten years thereafter, the Sisters mentored Christine as she developed her ministry as a national retreat facilitator-trainer and writer. Christine is an author, retreat facilitator, and foundress of the "Retreat, Reflect, Renew Ministry."
Sister Paula Hagen, OSB, has over 30 years of experience in retreat development and as a retreat facilitator. In addition to a Master’s in Family Systems, Sister Paula trained as a retreat director at the Franciscan Renewal Center. She created and published several On the Journey Retreats for use in parishes nationwide and created and published the Ministry of Mothers Sharing Journal and materials for parishes, also used nationally.